During each Remodelers Showcase tour, BATC’s charitable arm, the BATC Foundation, selects very special Remodelers Showcase homes as their Artisan Dream Remodeled Homes. The public is invited to help area families in need by visiting these homes, which require a $5.00 donation to enter. All proceeds help continue the Foundation’s work building and remodeling homes for low-income or specially challenged Twin Cities’ families. All other Remodeled Homes are open for viewing at no cost.
This Fall, two Remodelers Showcase Dream Remodeled Homes are open for touring:
Bright white and rich wood lends a clean, sophisticated look in #R28 by James Barton Design-Build as you can see in the kitchen and staircase above.
Remodelers Showcase Entry #R28
James Barton Design-Build
4506 Browndale Avenue, Edina
Whole House Remodel
Edina’s country club neighborhood just got a little grander! Once dark and dated, this fully renovated home now boasts a bright and cheery disposition without losing its authentic charm. Impeccable style will keep you captivated on every level. The newly renovated layout, which included the incredible feat of moving the home’s central staircase, will leave you in awe.
- What do you do with a central staircase that minimizes flow and creates an awkward floor plan? Move it, of course! This home’s entire main floor was transformed when the massive staircase was relocated to create an open floor plan, larger kitchen and mud room area
- Fresh and airy best describes the white gourmet kitchen which provides a dramatic contrast to the dark oak floors. A deep white farmhouse sink complements the other white features in the glistening kitchen
- Anything but ordinary, the home’s new mud room/entryway looks chic with gorgeous cubbies and benched seating offering an abundance of convenience. Porcelain tile creates a respite against the room’s bright white backdrop
- The home’s newly positioned staircase features gorgeous railings that add visual expansion throughout the home
- At the top of the grand staircase, a small library nook/desk area offers a warm welcome as you transition onto the upper floor
- To the left of the library nook, guests will be delighted by the expansive upper level study featuring stately walnut paneling and flooring, custom built-ins and a cozy atmosphere for lounging or playing games
- Gray cabinets and floating shelves are the envy of fashion in the lower level bar that’s positioned near the home’s stunning wine cellar
- While dark wood trim and dim lighting once dominated the home’s aesthetic, today you’ll find bright, airy spaces with sophisticated stylings, including beaded chandeliers, layers of textures, custom window seats, bright white
The new Traditions by Donnay exterior is a fresh take on the traditional stylings you see in Edina.
Remodelers Showcase Entry #R31
Traditions by Donnay Homes, Inc.
5717 Continental Drive, Edina
Whole House Remodel
Just across the street from Walnut Ridge Park in Edina’s popular Parkwood Knolls neighborhood, this tired older home was the perfect palette for Traditions by Donnay Homes to showcase their remodeling chops. Renovated for today’s family living, the newly transformed residence combines a new, more functional floor plan with Donnay’s amazing eye for detail.
- With five bedrooms and five baths, the original two garage stalls were augmented with a second two-car garage, and for even more convenience: separate custom cubbied mud rooms
- The fresh new exterior boasts a covered entry encased in gorgeous gray stone, plus two new gables with corbel detailing and soft gray shutters
- The exterior’s sophisticated gray and white color scheme continues inside, creating a foundation for your family’s precious keepsakes
- White enamel built-ins flank the deep gray marbled fireplace in the great room, made even more dramatic with a gorgeous reclaimed wood plank ceiling that glows with a soft gray patina
- The gourmet kitchen starts with more white at perimeter cabinets, adds a huge gray island, stainless Thermador appliances, light gray subway tile backsplash, and finishes beautifully with two stylish globe lights to illuminate the island’s distinctive granite
- Retreat to the owners' suite for some real pampering —choose from a relaxing bath in the freestanding tub, or invigorate in the humongous walk-in, gray-tiled shower with built-in bench and both overhead rain and handheld shower options
- Entertaining is a breeze in the lower-level family room, which features a gorgeous custom wet bar with wine cubbies, glass-front shelves, gorgeous stone countertops and a white-washed brick fireplace constructed from the home’s original brick
- There’s plenty more to see in this delightful example of how a skilled remodeler can reimagine a home to suit today’s sensibilities
- A final note, this home is for sale!
The 2016 Fall Parade of Homes is sponsored by Marvin Windows and Doors.