• The 68th consecutive Fall Parade of Homes is presented by the Builders Association of the Twin Cities (BATC).
• This tour offers 423 new homes to tour, open September 10 through October 2nd, Thursdays through Sundays from noon to 6:00 pm.
• All the homes are free to tour with the exception of four Artisan Dream Homes. Visitors pay a $5.00 donation to the BATC Foundation to enter.
• Artisan Dream Homes include:
~ #176 • Hagstrom Builder, Inc.; 10536 83rd Street N., Grant; $1,500,000
~ #350 • Highmark Builders, Inc.; 5309 Chantrey Road, Edina; $2,400,000
~ #351 • Carl M. Hansen Companies; 5125 Bluff Circle, Edina; $2,600,000
~ #372 • Copper Creek, LLC; 14380 Watersedge Trail NE, Prior Lake; $1,635,000
• A comprehensive Guidebook provides complete information about the tour, including maps, descriptions and images of all the homes, and will be available, free of charge, at area Holiday Stationstores beginning on August 26, 2016.
• A comprehensive companion website offers a variety of search filters plus additional information about each builder at www.ParadeofHomes.org. An interconnected mobile site lets smart phone and tablet users access the same information.
• Online visitors can use the Trip Planner to map a route between selected homes (and later access them via their mobile device), find inspiration with almost 7,000 interior and exterior images on the photo gallery, and use the interactive Personal Designers to change colors and finishes on a variety of photos, then save them to their own Idea Gallery to save and share.
• Editorial in the Guidebook includes a Real Family home building experience (see the family on our cover), insight into the benefits of new construction, a calendar for special Parade of Homes events, and Style trends found on our June Artisan Home Tour from Style Editor, Katy Baar
• The Parade of Homes will once again feature the Green Path Energy Tour, sponsored by Xcel Energy. This spring, 70 percent (293) of Parade Homes were tested by an independent energy rater, and have been assigned a HERS (Home Energy Rating System) rating. These homes can share a Green Path Home Performance Report (HPR) that graphically explains the home’s energy test results and allow homebuyers to compare expected energy use between homes.
• There are a total of 41 homes priced over $1,000,000 and 21 priced under $300,000. The total value of all homes on the tour is $262,008,280.
• Homes are located throughout the region, with Lakeville (35), Woodbury (29), Blaine and Plymouth (28) having the most homes to tour. Closer in, Minneapolis, St. Paul, Golden Valley, New Hope and Roseville are all represented on the tour, with Edina coming in at seven homes. Outlying cities include Cologne, North Branch, Northfield, Watertown and Zimmerman.
The 2016 Fall Parade of Homes is sponsored by The Tile Shop and Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.