This Fall, the public has an opportunity to help area families in need when they visit four BATC Foundation Artisan Dream Homes during the Parade of Homes. When visitors tour these high-end homes, they are asked to pay a tax-deductible $5.00 admission fee at the door, which supports the BATC Foundation, the charitable arm of the Builders Association of the Twin Cities. The Foundation builds and remodels homes for Twin Cities’ families in need. All other Parade Homes℠ are open for viewing at no cost.
2016 Fall Parade of Homes Dream Homes include:
An exceptionally detailed home set in the middle of five acres of rolling fields of flowers, this beautiful farmhouse is charm itself. Every custom detail inside and out goes above and beyond expectation, while three wrap-around porches bring a distinctive grace to this homestead.
- 4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 2-car garage, 3,950 square feet
- Crisp exterior is deceivingly simple, yet custom trim and battens pieces offer visual interest, while the many and various styled windows add to the charming farmhouse feel
- Further enhancing the farmhouse vibe are the gray metal, shallow-pitched roof overhangs atop the three porches, intentionally omitted porch railings, and custom garage doors
- Inside, rough-sawn wood beams and batten board finishes combine with a variety of contemporary influences like metal stair railings, concrete vanities, and Carrera marble tiles to make this a home for today
- Designed for aging in place, the main level boasts the master bed and bath in addition to kitchen, living room, mud room, laundry and powder
- The kitchen is a chef’s delight, with Thermador appliances, soapstone counters, custom inset enameled cabinets, seven-inch white-oak floors and views from front to back in the popular open concept design
- Luxury is king in the master bedroom suite, with windows wrapping around the majority of wall space allowing for unimpeded views of the beautiful surrounding hills
- Upstairs features copious storage plus three bedrooms, each carefully designed to be unique and special, rare in “secondary” bedrooms
- Downstairs, both the wine cellar and bath feature Fond du Lac stone that beautifully imitates an old foundation wall, while heated floor tile warms the toes and a wet bar sets the scene for entertaining
- The tranquil, natural setting is optimized here, too — relax on the porches, cookout on the distinctive stone grill, or just take in nature’s beauty as you go about your day through the many banks of windows in nearly every room
If you’ve set out to find the perfect family home, this impressive Edina lot will top your list. A hockey practice area proves this home is Minnesota-friendly, while the impressive great room and detailed chef’s kitchen will provide the perfect gathering space for family and guests alike.
- 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 5,873 square feet and 3-car garage with hockey shooting area
- A gorgeous 42” fireplace surrounded in natural stone serves as the focal point in the home’s great room where a concealed TV and enameled beamed ceiling offers additional eye candy
- The open-concept layout will lead you to the expansive kitchen featuring top-of-the-line appliances, large walnut island, and a unique hand-colored and pressed backsplash
- Your taste buds will start singing while baking cookies with the kitchen’s double ovens or sautéing dinner on the 48” stovetop below an impressive stainless steel range hood
- Through the kitchen, parents will be thankful for the organization capacity inside the stylish mud room. Lockers for the kids, and an abundance of built-ins for mom and dad make this room highly functional, while the porcelain brick floor and adorning wall hooks add a touch of fancy
- Spanning the rear, the patio is a dream, boasting a three-season porch with a vaulted tongue and groove ceiling and Phantom screens looking out onto an outdoor fire ring and paver patio
- The open staircase with stately metal balusters is anything but ordinary and serves as the perfect pathway to the equally impressive upstairs where a vaulted bonus room with refreshing beverage station awaits
- The master suite will surpass all of your expectations! Enjoy an expansive master closet, rain-shower, his-and-her vanities and an elegant freestanding tub
- Interior highlights include unique intricacies and styles, with an extensive use of walnut finish details to tie everything together perfectly
- Guests will be enticed by the lower-level media room, where environmentally friendly wool carpet meets entertainment-friendly spaces like its game room, and stunning wine cellar with a floor-to-ceiling viewing window
This all stucco home nods to European design with soft landscaping that highlights the home’s elegant architecture and detailing. Come be wowed by the fireside courtyard that creates a warm greeting for arriving guests. Stay and enjoy the hospitality within the gourmet kitchen and endless entertaining spaces. Leave impressed by the home’s endearing charm and thoughtful layout.
- 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and 5,380 sq. ft.
- On approach, listen for the sound of the trickling water fountain as you make your way through a gorgeous courtyard with outdoor fireplace
- Inside, beautiful paned windows create sophisticated sightlines from the entry to the grand living space, with natural light enhancing the neutral tones of the home
- A screened porch overlooking the back patio provides even more private outdoor living spaces to enjoy summer evening dinners
- The gourmet kitchen, designed by Northstar Kitchens, features a show-stopping LaCornue range with complementing cabinets that are customized with metal features to carry the European theme
- The kitchen’s waterfall island lends a tone of modern design, marrying old world elegance with modern sophistication
- The great room is host to three areas defined by ceiling detail and ornate chandeliers that capture the trend of brushed gold fixtures
- The upper level is a private getaway for children or guests, with a loft area for viewing TV or lounging, three bedrooms and wool carpet that is both beautiful and environmentally friendly
- Be impressed by the large vaulted ceilings in the spa-like master bedroom featuring beautiful window-sitting areas and unique paneled wallpaper with iconic style
- Downstairs, three distinct areas provide entertainment for everyone, including: full bar with unique wallpaper backsplash; exercise room; and game table across from a huge 85” surround-sound smart TV
Attention to detail. Timeless design. Inspired architecture. This Dream Home has it all. You will never tire of the gorgeous sunsets and endless views of Prior Lake. This impressive home sits on 67 feet of flat, sandy lakeshore for your year-round enjoyment.
- 4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3,635 finished sq. ft. and heated 3-car garage with lake storage
- Cedar shakes, custom metal roofing and the exterior’s standing seam “tower” with distinct finial topper immediately sets this home apart
- The open concept design is infectious, but the home’s undeniable showstopper is the impressive solid wall of Marvin® glass allowing 180 degree lake views of Paradise Bay
- The only thing you’ll love more than the gorgeous sunset views is this home’s stylish four-season sun porch featuring a charcoal colored shiplap ceiling that pairs perfectly with layer upon layer of white detailing throughout
- An all wood staircase shows off the home’s many intricacies with its custom designed solid alder newel posts and metal balusters
- Enjoy the seamless flow to the gourmet kitchen with state-of-the-art appliances and a gorgeous solid walnut range hood
- R & R is easy to come by when you have a home that takes care of itself. Enjoy your maintenance-free lakeside decking with glass railing, whole-house touchscreen automation system, and Cambria counter surfaces throughout
- If you’re interested in a small room with big trends, the upstairs laundry room will surprise and delight. The oh-so-stylish space looks sharp with sleek black cabinets, gold hardware and a stunning cement tile adorned by a lively pattern
- The grand bonus room is an entertainer’s dream! Knotty alder beams and abundant storage awaits your guests, with a full surround home theater, oversized built-in card table and wet bar
- A chic custom barn wood vanity adds rustic style to the half bath located off the bonus room
- Down the hall, an impressive soaking tub awaits in the spa-like master suite with magnificent barrel vault ceiling
The 2017 Fall Parade of Homes is sponsored by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and The Tile Shop: