This Spring, the public has an opportunity to help area families in need when they visit four BATC Foundation Artisan Dream Homes during the Parade of Homes. When visitors tour these high-end homes, they are asked to pay a tax-deductible $5.00 admission fee at the door, which supports the BATC Foundation, the charitable arm of the Builders Association of the Twin Cities. The Foundation builds and remodels homes for Twin Cities’ families in need. All other Parade Homes℠ are open for viewing at no cost.
2017 Spring Parade of Homes Dream Homes include:
Parade Home℠ #206
Traditions by Donnay Homes, Inc.
140 Highland Lane W., Wayzata
CAPE COD BY THE BAY
Perfectly sited on its three-quarter-acre lot, this stunning Cape Cod styled home is a delight. It’s just steps from downtown Wayzata with views of the bay and chock full of all the Artisan-level features that you’ve come to expect from Traditions by Donnay.
- 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, oversized heated 3-car garage and 6,538 square feet
- The Cape Cod gray cedar shake siding, knotty alder front door, plus symmetrical gable and shed roof dormers say traditional Cape Cod, while the clever use of diagonal shakes and unique port-hole accent wall sing "Welcome"
- Carefully designed to enhance family living, the layout is as convenient and functional as it is beautiful
- Starting on the main level, the open design flows beautifully from great room to kitchen to dinette to screen porch and deck, with window walls creating just the right backdrop
- The gourmet kitchen shows off with Wolf appliances, wire-brushed white oak floors, glass-front cabinets, a grand island, plus separate prep kitchen that is a host’s dream
- Main-floor owners’ suite is a perfect retreat, with its own fireplace, custom built window seat, laundry and, of course, a bath that will pamper and indulge
- Upstairs is home to three unique bedroom suites (including white ship lap in the bath to match the nautical feel) plus a full laundry and huge linen closet
- The walkout lower level has plenty for everyone, including a full sport court, exercise and game rooms, rec room, wet bar, 450-bottle wine cellar, and a very private fifth bedroom with handmade herringbone Italian tile
- You’ll be truly impressed when you see the details and finishes! Don’t miss the custom beamed ceilings, the amazing vaulted barnwood ceiling plus grand fireplace wall in the great room, the reclaimed flat-grain chestnut bar top in the lower level, and exquisitely detailed millwork everywhere
- And the smart home technology means you’ll have complete control over everything from heating and cooling to lighting and surveillance, all at a touch to your mobile device whether at home or away
Parade Home℠ #210
Aspect Design Build
2370 Meeting Street, Minnetonka
A MODERN RUGGED RETREAT
Start with a graceful home that perfectly blends industrial, modern, and mountain rustic. Place it carefully on almost an acre of beautiful Minnetonka landscape. Add in the perfect features and finishes and you have one amazing Artisan Dream Home.
- 5 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, 3-car garage and 6,394 square feet
- The unique exterior showcases a modern Minnesota “North” feel, featuring locally sourced wood products, stone, brackets and corbels for a true north residence
- Step into the foyer, take off your boots on a five-foot wood slab bench and you’re greeted by a full stone wall against hand-distressed white oak floors
- The wall of windows in the great room frame the wooded backyard, while charred wood beams and an asymmetrical fireplace make statements of their own
- Beams carry the theme through the cozy modern kitchen, creating a blend of natural wood finishes, stone walls, professional grade appliances, and quartzite countertops
- Unique fixtures serve as jewelry in kitchen and baths, while a range of delightful lighting turns up in every room lending just the right touch
- The resort style owners’ suite is a sight to behold, with individual bathroom and dressing areas and a private bedroom overlooking the woods
- Downstairs, the “Game Day” room assures warm toes as you relax on a heated polished concrete floor, while the full bar and shuffleboard table entertain
- Staying in shape isn’t left to chance here either, with an exercise room opening into a full sport court in the lower level
- Add in the cozy hearth room, generous study, huge lifestyle room plus several delightfully grand bathrooms, and you’ll never want to leave
Parade Home℠ #257
Sustainable 9 Design + Build
2000 Shadywood Road, Orono
EXQUISITE ENERGY-EFFICIENT ESTATE
This modern ENERGY STAR® certified smart home overlooking Crystal Bay on Lake Minnetonka is sure to impress. With high-end finishes and views that can’t be beat, this is one you won’t want to miss!
- 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3-car garage, 4,076 square feet
- The stunning exterior boasts a mixture of clear cedar siding with metal accents
- Enjoy panoramic views of Crystal Bay through the floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the home or from the second-story balcony
- Green features are around every corner in this super insulated and solar-ready ENERGY STAR® certified home that is virtually off the grid
- The remarkable industrial floating steel and wood staircase features gorgeous cable rails and a unique built-in bookcase
- Get to work in the stunning office loft with remarkable views of Lake Minnetonka, and when you’re ready for a break, there’s easy access to the rooftop balcony
- The “Minnesota Modern” kitchen is filled with custom walnut cabinetry and an island with a beautiful live wood edge resting on Cambria countertops
- Stop by the incredible master bedroom to see soaring 13-foot ceilings, before visiting the seven-foot double shower and soaking tub in the spa-like master bathroom
- Sink in to the incredible sunken media room and experience a state-of-the-art entertainment and home automation system
- The modern deck features a beautiful cedar pergola and cable rail system overlooking the lake
Parade Home℠ $258
Pillar Homes Partner
660 Tonkawa Road, Orono
LAKE MINNETONKA LUXURY
With an acre of beautiful landscape overlooking Stubbs Bay, this Dream Home is more than just another pretty home. You’ll adore this organic contemporary residence that presents a graceful welcome outside, while embracing today’s sensibilities inside.
- 4 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, 6,743 square feet of living area and 1,070 square feet in the heated and completed 3-car garage
- The graceful marriage of horizontal and vertical elements plus a dramatic contrast between light (siding and stone) and dark (roof and windows) sets the tone from curbside
- Three unique decks take best advantage of the amazing home site, and the walkout lower level means lake experiences are right outside the door
- A deliberate “Less is More” framework was front of mind throughout the design – from floorplan to products and materials creating a modern, serene, one-of-a-kind feel and flow
- Prominent glass, in a variety of colors and textures is inside – from glass barn doors to glass railings, countertops and backsplashes
- The full wall windows perfectly showcases the beauty of the Twin Cities’ premier lake right outside
- Clean satin-finish natural red birch hardwood flows underfoot throughout, Italian designer-made cabinetry makes a statement in the kitchen, and a 72-inch-long contemporary see-through fi replace warms the great room and study in perfect style
- The lower level is stunningly organic, featuring polished (and heated) concrete floors, curved granite-topped wet bar, theater, plus a supplemental kitchen designed to unleash your inner chef and hone your Chopped aspirations
- An elevator connects all three floors for convenience today while letting its family age in place
- Exquisite lighting throughout sets the mood through style and color intensity, enhanced with the unique use of LED lighting and low voltage lifestyle design
The 2017 Spring Parade of Homes is sponsored by The Tile Shop.