During each Remodelers Showcase tour, BATC’s charitable arm, the BATC Foundation, selects very special Remodelers Showcase homes as their Artisan Dream Remodeled Homes. The public is invited to help area families in need by visiting these homes, which require a $5.00 donation to enter. All proceeds help continue the Foundation’s work building and remodeling homes for low-income or specially challenged Twin Cities’ families. All other Remodeled Homes are open for viewing at no cost.
This Spring, three amazing Remodelers Showcase Dream Remodeled Homes are open for touring:
Remodelers Showcase Entry #R17
Woodstone Renovation, LLC
780 Goodrich Avenue St. Paul
Whole Home Historic Renovation
100-years young now that Woodstone Renovation has given this Colonial Revival New Life
Century Old Colonial Revival
Blending the old with the new, the addition and updates from Woodstone Renovation help this 100-year-old home reach its fullest potential. This home is reclaiming its original historic splendor with all the modern conveniences to be expected from a premier and majestic residence within the Summit Hill Historic District.
- 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and more than 6,000 square feet
- A new addition made way for a spacious kitchen, mud room and second floor laundry
- One-way hallways? Not anymore! Realigned first-floor interior walls open up once tight hallways and grant greater room access
- The renovation incorporates new millwork seamlessly blended into the old
- The large new kitchen is filled with custom cabinetry, Gaggenau appliances and a bold stone top island
- Forget about cramped entryways, stop by the mud room to see the ample storage with new lockers and cabinetry
- You’ll love the updated large master suite with a new bathroom and walk-in closet
- New and repaired windows are installed throughout the home for greater efficiency and smooth operation
- The hardwood floors were repaired, stained and refinished to enhance their historic beauty
- Don’t forget to look up! The walls and ceilings have been painstakingly repaired and painted
- Don’t miss this beautiful classic full brick Georgian Colonial with a slate roof on one of St. Paul’s finest streets in the Historic Summit Hill District
Remodelers Showcase Entry #R29
5057 Ewing Avenue South
Whole House Remodel plus Addition
With care and grace, Otogawa-Anschel gives this family nearly triple the square footage plus truly modern function.
Something Old + Something New = Amazing
From the bones of a much-loved 1927 two-story comes this remarkable renovation from Otogawa-Anschel. Combining careful design to preserve the original architectural integrity with stateof-the-art technology and products from industry leaders, this is a masterpiece you won’t want to miss.
- A new addition embraces two sides of the original footprint from basement to upper level, growing living space from 1150 to 3300 square feet
- Insulated waterproof sheathing and rainscreen wrap the entire structure to ensure the highest performance, guaranteed to save energy dollars while maintaining a healthy and comfortable indoor environment
- All that new space was reallocated with today’s lifestyle in mind, opening up the main floor, placing family bedrooms on the second story and adding a theater, wine cellar and pantry in the lower level
- Beauty intersects with utility in the gorgeous new Puustelli cabinetry throughout, featuring clean European styling and function that uses 40 percent less material, and is designed to be disassembled and re-configured over and over
- Top-quality Samsung appliances include the intelligent Family Hub refrigerator with 26-inch touch screen, cameras, calendar, virtual post-its, Pandora and recipe finder — this is no ordinary icebox!
- Samsung smart technology interconnects the entire house to let you view and control your appliances, thermostat, audio controls and more right from your phone
- While efficiency and performance are the brains of this home, beauty and design are its heart, with finishes and materials that will take your breath away
- Gorgeous hardwood floors feature a large section of 90-year-old red oak, signature designs adorn the custom tile baths, and healthy and durable paint from Hirschfields show off incredible patina finishes
- Kohler’s newest luxury features ensure the bath and kitchen fixtures balance water efficiency and beauty perfectly, from the fully automated Veil toilet to the ultra-minimalist Titanium bath faucets
- Otogawa-Anschel is well-known for its dedication to green building and its innovative design sensibility, this home takes both to a whole new level
Remodelers Showcase Entry #R43
Vujovich Design Build
6306 McIntyre Pointe, Edina
Master Suite, Great Room, Kitchen, Main Level, Mud Room/Laundry
While it oozes southern charm, this renovation from Vujovich Design Build didn't scrimp on modern conveniences either.
Southern Charm at Home in Edina
The first iteration of this late 90s red brick Georgian was built to meet the needs of a young family. Fast forward 15 years and this family was ready to transform their spaces with style and scale, resulting in a showplace of southern hospitality.
- The exterior still had lots of panache, but the lighting, entry door, garage door, shutters and balconette railings were all overhauled to better reflect the grandeur of the south
- Most of the original Marvin windows remain, with the exception of an 8-foot by 12-foot, cutting-edge Marvin door at the rear, fold it back and voila, entertaining now extends into the rear porch and deck
- Enter through the new leaded-glass front doors to the main floor’s expanse of warm-hued hardwood flooring which beckons you inside
- Coffered and beamed ceilings plus carefully designed lighting help define spaces with graceful beauty
- White enameling at the woodwork and cabinetry brightens the spaces, while classic wallcovering and finishes lend a welcoming sense of style
- The kitchen shines, with a soft blue-gray painted island and furniture finished cabinets that hide most of the commercial-grade appliances, with the exception of a chef’s dream 48-inch Wolf range topped by a gorgeous black hood
- The revamped pantry is now fully functional for entertaining, and opens to a dining room fit for serving a real southern feast
- And what southern home would be complete without a music room, this one is octagonal in shape and sits neatly off the family room
- While most of the upper-level family sleeping quarters were simply updated and refreshed, you can’t miss the all new owners’ suite — especially the amazing bath with its pedestal slipper tub, glass-enclosed shower, and of course, louvered window coverings
- But this showplace of old-fashioned style is definitely not old, featuring modern conveniences, state-of-the-art equipment and built-in technology that assures a carefree lifestyle for years to come
The 2017 Spring Parade of Homes is sponsored by Marvin Windows and Doors.