This Fall, the public has an opportunity to help area families in need when they visit four BATC Foundation Artisan Dream Homes during the Parade of Homes. When visitors tour these high-end homes, they are asked to make a tax-deductible $5.00 donation at the door, which supports the BATC Foundation, the charitable arm of the Builders Association of the Twin Cities. The Foundation builds and remodels homes for Twin Cities’ families in need. One additional home on the tour will charge a $5.00 admission: Home #1, a Special Dream Home built for charity (more details are included in a separate press release). All other Parade HomesSM are open for viewing at no cost.
2017 Fall Parade of Homes Dream Homes include:
Homes by Tradition
22095 Dakota Avenue, Lakeville
Nestled on a beautiful 2.6-acre property in the majestic Reverence neighborhood, this classic-meets-modern design will leave you inspired. Creativity abounds as you walk through this impressive and elegantly appointed home. Your eyes will be treated to a smart combination of bold, architecturally rich details with modern conveniences, all while taking full advantage of the beautiful landscape.
- Five bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, 5,627 sq. ft., four-car garage
- Beautiful acreage lot allows for privacy and breathtaking views of the newly opened neighborhood, conveniently located in Lakeville South school district
- Modern-meets-traditional-meets-glam is this home’s aesthetic, with buttery wire brushed white oak flooring, white trim and walls, bold trim profiles, combined with a subdued color palette and dramatic contrasts of black throughout
- Custom designed glass hutches, panel molding accent wall and a chandelier dripping with mixed metal chains graces the formal dining room
- The library makes a statement with a floor-to-ceiling bookcase wall in black with contrasting satin brass finish hardware
- The two-story great room is detailed with rustic reclaimed beams and a blend of natural alder built-ins and enameled fireplace trim surround
- A large chef’s kitchen is one of many centerpieces, with Marqunina marble countertops, a distinctive walk-in pantry, oversized patterned marble backsplash, painted and stained custom cabinetry and a robust appliance package that make it the perfect space for entertaining
- More French inspiration in the powder bath, showing off a vintage glass accent wall mirror, flowing waterfall front countertop and wall mount satin brass faucet
- The main-floor master is truly an oasis with lush Masland carpet, box vault ceiling, edgy lighting plus an amazing bath featuring a stunning vanity, heated marble floors, free-standing soaking tub and large walk-in shower
- Impressive family spaces upstairs (two bedrooms, bath and loft) and down (media, games, exercise and two more bedrooms) make this home one you’ll definitely want to tour!
Landmark Building Contractors
4608 Casco Avenue, Edina
A New Edina Classic
Edina’s Country Club neighborhood has some pretty stiff standards, so when you tour this amazing Artisan Dream Home, you can be sure it will be worth the visit. This, the last teardown allowed in the community, has been beautifully designed and approved by Edina’s Heritage Preservation Board.
- Five bedroom, five baths, 3,661 square feet, two-car rear garage
- The high-luxury, classic European design by Swan Architecture is an elegant addition to the neighborhood, showing off with graceful symmetry
- The natural white "sand-pebble finished" exterior combines sleek walls with rich details, like deep, multi-corbelled roof eaves, a charming front balcony and classic pillar-flanked front entry
- While the authentic architecture and finishes evoke times-gone-by (inside as well as out), this home lives perfectly for today’s family
- Step inside the entry vestibule to an open main level that welcomes guests and gatherings as beautifully as it serves day-to-day family life
- White accents the kitchen counters and gorgeous range hood to echo the exterior palette, while a weathered gray patina gives cabinetry, beams and flooring that just-right flair
- Careful detailing is apparent from every angle, all delightfully designed by Bria Hammel Interiors
- The family private quarters are located upstairs, and include two bedrooms that share a Jack and Jill bath and another bedroom suite that opens to the elegant balcony plus a convenient laundry room for family convenience
- Also upstairs is a divine master suite featuring herringbone tile flooring, intricate cabinet detailing on vanities topped with waterfall marble counter tops, brass hardware, and of course, an oversized shower
- Downstairs, a fifth bedroom suite is perfect for a teen or in-law, with adjacent recreation room and, of course, wine closet
SD Custom Homes
755 Willow Lane, Mendota Heights
Situated on a 1/2-acre lot with a babbling creek, this timeless residence is the perfect blend of classic design and modern conveniences. Carefully created to feel elegant yet casual, you’ll discover beautiful details around every corner, making this Artisan Dream Home a must-see!
- Four bedrooms, five baths, three-car garage and 4,566 beautiful, finished square feet
- The Colonial exterior presents a formal yet welcoming façade, with James Hardie siding, brick accents, and pillared front porch
- You’re greeted at the two-story foyer with classic wainscoting, gorgeous custom newel posts plus a stunning 60-inch chandelier in sleek metal and white-washed wood
- The amazing millwork detailing will impress family and guests, from the coffered great room ceiling to the recessed shiplap dining room ceiling and vertical shiplap which graces the powder bath and pantry
- There’s a motorized, hidden TV panel in the great room, skylights enhance the light-filled sunroom, and glass pocket doors peek into the office which shows off with custom cabinetry with library ladder access
- A grand kitchen anchors the main level and includes Wolf and Sub-Zero appliances, a convenient dumb-waiter in the pantry, a unique library ladder to set off the custom cabinetry, Cambria countertops and a gorgeous custom furniture-piece island
- Upstairs, the owners’ suite is a delightful retreat and includes a thoroughly modern spa bath plus huge walk-in closet
- Two more bedrooms that share a bath plus a bright art studio with exquisite lighting complete the upper level
- An inspired lower level feels very British with brass hardware, vintage inspired light fixtures, brick accents, a bar with waterfall white oak countertops in the family room; and an exercise room, guest suite reading nook plus custom playhouse tucked beneath the staircase makes this level a great escape
- Even better, heated tile floors keep everyone’s toes warm no matter the weather — located across the entire lower level as well as in every bathroom, the mud room and at the entry’s trendy tile-rug inlay
Sustainable 9 Design + Build
5504 Beard Avenue South, Edina
An Edina Masterpiece
Nestled into a perfectly wooded homesite in Edina’s Chowen Park neighborhood overlooking Minnehaha Creek, this delightful home combines sleek modern styling with supreme livability, both indoors and out. And, like all Sustainable 9 homes, this one demonstrates a careful eye to environmental sensitivity.
- Five bedrooms, five baths, three-car garage, 4,245 square feet
- Situated on a dead-end street overlooking plenty of trees, wildlife and Minnehaha Creek which wraps around the expansive back yard, this home is an amazingly private refuge right in the city
- Architecturally, the contemporary design is softened with two forward-facing gables and a rich blending of stone with horizontal James Hardie siding and vertical Boral siding made from recycled coal fly ash — fitting right into its Edina neighborhood
- The stunning layout is studded with big, beautiful windows ensuring gorgeous creek and wildlife views from every room
- Taking even better advantage of the site, the walkout backyard is a dream come true, with pool, hot tub, outdoor shower and play spaces, all framed by creek and woods
- And when dusk arrives, retreat to the comfortable heated screen porch for outdoor living sans mosquitoes
- The main level welcomes guests and family alike, with a custom, gourmet kitchen, sleek linear fireplace and a centerpiece floating staircase that truly sings
- Upstairs, the owners’ suite is simply exquisite, from the spa-like bath to the floor-to-ceiling windows
- The walkout lower level is a party destination, stepping in from the backyard pool to a huge sunken family room with wet bar and a gaming area with a built-in card table
Don’t miss this amazing Artisan Dream Home and see what a new Edina Home should be
The 2017 Fall Parade of Homes is sponsored by The Tile Shop.